ArtWalla Program Manager
WHO IS ARTWALLA?
The mission of ArtWalla is to support and strengthen the Arts as an integral part of daily life, education, and economic development in the Walla Walla Valley. ArtWalla envisions an arts culture of excellence with vibrant events, innovative programs, and multiple, diverse sources of sustained support. To this end, ArtWalla is dedicated to collaborative participation, aggressive Arts advocacy, and dynamic membership services.
The Program Manager will act as the coordinator for ArtWalla’s projects and programs and support the organization’s strategic direction while managing short and long-term goals. The Program Manager will work in collaboration with the board members to facilitate, initiate, and implement cultural arts projects, programs, and initiatives. They will serve as the primary administrator, organizing the schedule, progress, and deadlines for the volunteer board members. In addition, the Program Manager will provide administrative, and communications support aligned with ArtWalla’s mission and strategic Equality Plan. A strong passion for the arts and community as well as experience and knowledge of program development from concept to implementation are all necessary to achieve success within this position. Candidates should be comfortable taking on many roles and managing their time.
This job is a part-time position.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Manager’s responsibilities will include:
● General program management (30%)
○ Support the mission, vision, values, and standards of ArtWalla.
○ Coordinates and collaborates with Board members on all aspects of art programs including but not limited to scheduling, communications, event planning, volunteer coordination, soliciting donations, project management.
○ Fundraising- assist Board members with fundraising campaigns and researching, planning, and compiling grant applications.
● Administrative Support (30%)
○ Manage projects to ensure they meet the objectives and are completed by the deadline.
○ Manage the ArtWalla inbox, responding to internal and external communications.
○ Coordinate scheduling, including subcommittee meetings and volunteer events.
○ Compile the ArtWalla Annual Report.
● Communications (30%)
○ Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including press releases, newsletters, and social media content.
○ Maintain the website, regularly updating the Arts Calendar and other dynamic pages.
○ Monitor all social media and website engagement and respond accordingly.
○ Collaborate with Board to compile content for ArtWalla's monthly newsletters and other email blasts.
● Other (10%)
○ Database management- Maintain the ArtWalla Membership, Working Artist, and volunteer databases, with an emphasis on building donations and increasing membership. Monitor membership levels, create, and run membership campaigns, serve as member contact.
○ Volunteer Coordination- register, maintain, and schedule volunteers for programming.
The ideal candidate has:
● Clear and effective communication
● Exceptional organizational and time management skills
● Strong writing and copy editing
● A commitment to promoting diversity and access in arts field
● Two or more years experience in program management and/or non-profit administration, with some experience working in the arts field
● Graphic Design skills
● Website management experience
● Flexible schedule, some weekend work may be required
● The ability to work from ArtWalla or home capabilities
HOURS & SALARY
This is a part-time position for an average of 20 hours per week, wage based on experience. The position does not include benefits. Position is remote with bi-monthly meetings. Currently meetings are via Zoom, but will resume in-person at the ArtWalla office when it is safe to do so.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "(YOUR NAME) ArtWalla Application"